Are you tired of dealing with wildlife intrusions? Want to prevent them from happening? We can help.
If you’re located in the Memphis TN Metro area, our team of experts is here to provide you with effective and humane wildlife exclusion services to keep unwanted guests out of your property.
What is Wildlife Exclusion?
Wildlife exclusion is the process of preventing animals and pests from entering your property and causing damage. Our team employs a combination of strategies and techniques to ensure that your space remains free from the disturbances associated with wildlife intrusions. We prioritize the use of humane methods to safeguard both your property and the well-being of the animals.
The Importance of Wildlife Exclusion
The importance of wildlife exclusion cannot be overstated. It’s not merely about keeping unwanted critters at bay; it’s about:
- Protecting Your Property: Wildlife can cause significant damage to your home or business. They may chew through wires, destroy insulation, and leave behind feces and debris. By implementing wildlife exclusion measures such as sealing holes made by wildlife, you can save your property from costly repairs.
- Human Safety: Some wildlife can carry diseases and pose a threat to human health. Ensuring that these animals cannot access your living or working spaces is essential to safeguarding the well-being of your family or employees.
- Preserving Wildlife: While it’s crucial to protect your property, it’s also important to minimize harm to wildlife. Exclusion methods are designed to prevent re-entry without causing harm.
Need a Pest Control Estimate for Your Vacation Home?
Wildlife Exclusion FAQ
Whether you’re wondering about the species involved, DIY versus professional services, or environmental impacts, we’ve got you covered. Explore this FAQ section to gain a deeper understanding of the key elements surrounding wildlife exclusion.
To effectively keep animals out of your attic, especially in the case of persistent intrusions, it’s highly recommended to consider professional wildlife exclusion services. These experts have the knowledge and tools to handle the situation effectively. Here are a few steps you can take:
- Professional Wildlife Exclusion: Contact a certified wildlife removal expert or local pest control service that specializes in wildlife exclusion. They will conduct a thorough inspection to identify entry points and develop a tailored plan to keep animals out.
- Seal Entry Points & Close Holes Made by Wildlife: Seal or repair any gaps, cracks, or openings in your attic, roof, or eaves. Pay close attention to vents, chimneys, and soffits, as these are common entry points for animals.
- Secure Vents and Chimneys: Install mesh or other wildlife-proof coverings on vents and chimneys to prevent animals from entering.
- Trim Tree Branches: Trim tree branches that provide easy access to your roof, as some animals, like squirrels, may use them as a bridge to your attic.
- Remove Attractants: Ensure that there are no food sources, like pet food or bird feeders, in the vicinity of your home. Properly secure your garbage cans to discourage foraging animals.
- Regular Inspections: Conduct periodic inspections to ensure that your exclusion measures are holding up and that no new entry points have emerged.
By combining these preventative measures with professional wildlife exclusion services, you can help ensure that your attic remains free of unwanted animal intrusions.
Animals are drawn to houses for various reasons, such as food sources (unsecured pet food, open garbage cans), shelter (attics, crawl spaces), water sources (leaky pipes, open containers), and attractive landscaping (fruit-bearing trees or shrubs). If your home is near natural habitats, wildlife may also be more common. To deter animals, remove these attractants, secure food, seal entry points, and consider consulting with a wildlife professional if you have persistent issues.
Several types of animals, including bats, raccoons, squirrels, skunks, and opossums, can find their way into houses. Here’s some more information:
- Bats: Bats can enter homes through small openings, often in attics or chimney flues. They are drawn to dark, sheltered spaces for roosting.
- Raccoons: Raccoons are skilled climbers and can access houses through damaged vents, uncapped chimneys, or even loose roof shingles. They seek shelter for nesting and food.
- Squirrels: Squirrels are adept climbers and can enter homes via rooflines, soffits, and vents. They are often in search of a safe nesting site.
- Skunks: Skunks may dig under foundations, decks, or porches to create a den beneath a house. They are attracted to dark, enclosed spaces.
- Opossums: Opossums are known to crawl through openings or gaps in walls and foundations. They typically seek shelter and access to food.
To prevent these animals from entering your home, it’s crucial to regularly inspect and seal potential entry points and consider professional wildlife exclusion services. These professionals know how to ensure your home remains wildlife-free.
Local Wildlife Exclusion Services
Don’t let wildlife intrusions disrupt your peace of mind. Allied Termite & Pest Control is here to help. If you’re dealing with unwanted wildlife in the Memphis TN Metro area, contact us today. Our experienced team is ready to provide effective, humane, and environmentally friendly solutions tailored to your specific needs. Enjoy a pest-free home – call us now for expert wildlife exclusion services.